Friday, September 7, 2012


Future: expectations, fears and goals
                 
I started to thought more about my future and what I want to be as a professional some years ago. A lot of ideas came up and I started to look for what I really like and what I really want to work with, not thinking just about money.
                
 My biggest dream is to become a soccer player and that is the reason why I am in ISC now. My goal is to get a scholarship in the United States as an athlete and try to follow my dream there. For me to try something here in Brazil is too difficult and I would have to stop studding to follow a thing that I will not have certain of a result in the future. Besides this I am too old for get in the base of a team here in Brazil. Unfortunately there are also a lot of unfair things involving soccer and young players here, a lot of people try to get advantage of the dream to become a soccer player that almost all the Brazilian boys have. They explore this dream to make money on it.
                
 In the United States I would have more chances to play professional soccer due to the fact that sport is growing there, also the competition to be a soccer player isn’t as high as in Brazil. Another point that is very important is that I wouldn’t have to stop my studies and, if I cannot become soccer player, I will have opportunities to try something else in my career. 
Here is a video of Pelé playing in NY Cosmos, he is a good exemple of what I want to be.
 
                 
But it is just a dream; I would love if everything that I planned for my life came true one day, but if not I will try something different like sports marketing or something related to skateboarding that is another thing that I would love to work with. I have already thought about open a store to sell skate accessories and work with designing of products too.
                
Doesn’t matter if I will achieve my dream or if I will work with another thing, first of all I will have to apply for a college and on it I think that being an aware academic leader will help me very much. My goal is to be a soccer player and in the sport is very important to be a leader in the team. Usually the players that are leaders in the team gain prominence and have more chances. Not just in the sport but also in the classes and in the school being a good leader counts a lot for a college.   

1 comment:

  1. Are you seriously suggesting that soccer is less competitive in the US than in Brazil? NO WAY. Haha.

    ReplyDelete