Tuesday, February 11, 2014

First semester reflection


Success can not be achieved from one day to another, but you can improve every day to get closer to it. That was my main goal in this last semester, and it is working pretty well so far. If it is working, there is no need to strategy changes, so I will stick to what I am already doing and try to keep improving.

In the end of my freshman year I realized that in order for me to get where I always wanted to get, I would have to improve a lot and do much more than what I was doing. I knew what I needed to do, so I did it. I started to really study and spend less hours doing other things that were not relate to school. That made me improve my time management skills and also helped me a lot in actually learning things, and not just memorize them for the tests. However, the main point was not what I started to do better, but what I was thinking and what was motivating me to do better.

I started to established smaller goals that were easy to get, and that would help me reaching my main goals. I realized that was easier to think about an everyday goal, than on a semester goal, since that the main goal would only be reach if I worked hard every day. I saw that I could not take a step bigger than what my legs can support, meaning that I was not able to push my grades all at once to A’s, but I could do it step by step. This is what really made a difference on my learning process.

By just thinking differently, I was able to improve a lot from last year, and I will stick to my plan. If I keep with the same goals that are motivating me right now and if I keep focusing my energy on reaching them, I believe that soon I will start to see even more results to my effort. I am already seeing some improvement in my learning process, but I also know that I have to improve even more to get where I want. The better way to do so is by keep thinking and acting the same way. It is all about how you face what is given to you. School for me is like a step towards my bigger goals in live. By thinking that way, I am having a better time trying to improve than before.



The point is that high school years are not the end of the world if you choose to take is easy. Not meaning that I do not care about it, because this four years are very important, but the way that I face it makes it easier. I believe everyone can achieve their goals if they are focused, if they are motivated, and if they see that what is done today will make a difference in the future. It does not matter if you do not do many things every day, but if you at list do something towards your goal, you will be closer to it every day that passes. This is what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment